Available for the iPhone (3GS and 4) and iPod Touch 4th Gen with iOS4.
Turn your iPhone or iPod Touch into a wireless HD document camera!
Easily present hardcopy materials from books, magazines, or physical objects as part of your lectures or meetings.
Great for show and tell.
Air Scanner continuously takes photos with your device's camera and projects them to a web browser running on the same WiFi network, at 720P HD resolution (on iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4th generation devices)
- allowing full page text and color photographs to come out crisp and clear.
Just fire up Air Scanner and type in the displayed URL in your web browser.
The image will automatically update at up to once per second.
A dedicated or ad-hoc network is recommended for optimal performance.
No additional client software is required.
PC, Mac, and Linux are all supported.
Air Scanner works wonderfully with a DIY camera stand, which you can make in a few minutes,
or you can order a handmade one here (3rd party website).
Note: Air Scanner requires iOS 4.0 or above.
- Automatic projection of high-resolution HD (1280x720) photos to your browser, network speeds permitting.
- Tap the flash icon to toggle the flash light (on devices that have one).
- Tap the lock icon to freeze the projected image.
- Optionally secure your web connection with a username and password.
- You can even use Air Scanner peer-to-peer with a computer via an ad-hoc network when a WiFi hotspot is unavailable.
Air Scanner supports any modern web browser, including the latest versions of:
- Note that older browser versions may not support all the required APIs to display correctly.
View more Air Scanner Tips and Tricks.
We believe that we've only begun to scratch the surface of what's possible with the iPhone and multi-touch devices.
If you find Air Scanner useful, or have other uses in mind, please drop us a line
and let us know about them.
We love to hear from you!
If you like Air Scanner, also check out:
Follow us on Twitter to be the first to hear about new Apps and get FUN (+free) stuff just for fans.